NHAL Workshop with Ricardo Barros
Sat., Feb. 4, 2017
lecture/discussion on reading visual imagery, NOT about technical stuff, they are about observation, synthesis, articulation, and creativity. Ricardo is interested in what people photograph, and why. We try to understand why it matters.
at St. Martin of Tours Church school, room 107
1 Riverstone Circle (off Rt. 179/W. Bridge St. between Staples and New Hope High School), New Hope
join today to get the member price. See the "Membership" page.
Please note: your reservation is not confirmed until we have your fee.
The Chiaroscuro & the Ambiguity in Gloom: Poetry in Painting
Patrick Connors workshop this past winter
Invitation to NHAL members from member artist/ instructor: EdLetven
Inexpensive, Personal attention, Easy -
Computer Basics, Beginner Photoshop, Intro to Word and Excel, Continuing Word and Excel, Private Lessons and Edit Your Photos Open Studio. Use the contact us form to inquire. Class sizes are small so you get all the attention you need. Minimum class size is 2, Max is 6.
Below are a few other services that I can offer. All of them are computer related and based on requests I've gotten. Feel free to contact me at any time. These services are scheduled either Monday Mornings or Fridays, or, at my convenience in between in the case of some services not requiring your presence.
ONE PRIVATE CONSULTATION: BY APPOINTMENT, 3 Hours $100
· If you have a new computer, can't figure out how to use a part of your computer or do something specific, such as:
· Got Windows 7 from Windows XP, got a Windows Tablet or don't know how to use CAFE or ENTRY THINGY, etc.
· Just need an overview of Photoshop or emailing attachments, or setting up Outlook, or using Excel to keep track of your art shows or a budget or how to create a flyer or do Mail Merges in Microsoft Word, this is the instruction you need.
· You get 3 hours one on one.
· Bring your laptop or tablet and I'll walk you through it.
· 3 Hours, date/time to be determined, Monday or Friday, My House only.
I WILL EDIT YOUR PHOTOS FOR YOU, $25/hour, 3 hours minimum
· You can give me your photos on a CD or Memory Stick and I will open them in Photoshop and edit them for brightness, contrast, cropping, size, rotating and naming.
· Photo size will be for art show submission sizing.
· I will do this at my home on my time.
· I will give you an estimate of how long it will take. 1-100 photos will take about a week,
· 1-500 photos will require several weeks to a month.
· I keep track of time spent.
· You only pay for time spent with a deposit of 3 hours.
PAYMENT OPTIONS: Payment is required to hold your place in class
· CREDIT CARD
Sign up today! Contact: Ilene Rubin: email@example.com
· Class must be paid in full to hold your place.
· Because each class is built upon the ability to fill the class, there is no refund once classes begin as your spot has been held for you. If we don't meet the minimum class size, your payment will be refunded.
· Class time is firm. Please arrive a few minutes early to be ready to go by the start time.
· The rule of thumb is: WATCH FIRST, TRY LATER. LISTEN FIRST, ASK LATER. Most of the time, we just need to know which buttons to push. If you don’t watch, you won’t see. If you try it before you’ve been taught, you’ll just get lost. So put the mouse down and watch first. There’s plenty of time to try it yourself.
· You will not always use your own computer. Sometimes you will watch and other times, you will do it on your computer. You will learn more by seeing how something is done rather than doing something while an explanation is being given, thus missing how to do it.
· Note taking is not necessary. It will be more important that you listen and watch then trying to write while an explanation is being given. You will be given reference materials with everything discussed in class so you won’t miss a thing.
· All Costs include Reference Materials· Classes are given in the comfort of a smoke free home setting... so it's not intimidating. (I have dogs - noisy at first, then calm as could be)